Themes And Topics
Following themes broadly describe the focus areas of deliberations, with a certain degree of
overlapping. The structure has been deliberately kept flexible and will evolve depending on research
contributions received from the participants. The minimum coverage topics of conference are:
- Engineering Geophysics - application in geotechnical investigations, site characterization, tunnel route studies, bridge foundation studies etc.
- Water Resources Geophysics - hydrogeophysics & hydrogeology, climate, contamination survey, etc.
- Mining Geophysics - Mineral Exploration, Geosciences for surface mining and safety, open cut mining, slope stability, tailings dam, etc.
- Archaeological Geophysics - Geophysics for archaeology and cultural heritage
- Dam Geophysics - Geophysics for investigation of dams and appurtenant structures
- Geohazards and Disaster Mitigation - quick clay, landslide, liquefaction, earthquake, volcanic eruption, tsunami, ground subsidence etc.
- Petroleum Exploration – improving deep images by understanding near-surface.
- Shallow marine eosciences
- Geophysics for forensics detection
The methods in focus are as under:
- Seismic (Refraction, Shallow Reflection, MASW, ReMi)
- Electrical (ERI, VES, IP, GRP)
- Electromagnetic, Magnetotelluric
- Ground Penetrating Radar
- Gravity & Magnetic
- Borehole Geophysics (Well Logging, Tomography, Crosshole/ Downhole)
- Other Geophysical Methods - Radiometry, Thermal, etc.
- Marine Geophysics Methods- SBP, SSS etc.
- New Emerging Technologies and Instrument Development